- 3 bedrooms sleeping up to 6
– double bedroom & ensuite, downstairs
– double bedroom
– twin bedroom
- ensuite with shower, basin & toilet
- bathroom: bath, basin & toilet
- comfortable lounge with sofas, wood burning stove
- plasma tv with sky connection, cd player
- wifi internet access available
- bright traditional fully equipped kitchen, microwave
- electric oven & hob, fridge, freezer (in outhouse)
- washing machine & dryer (patio shed), iron & ironing board
- dining area suitable for six
- high standard landscaped gardens, private & gated
- summer house is available for sole use by guests to enjoy the stunning views in all weather
- access Tollymore Forest Park from your doorstep
- perfect location for hillwalkers with varied walks on your doorstep
- central heating & electricity included
- bed linen & towels included
- house trained pets are welcome, by prior arrangement
- ample car parking space (4 cars)
White Gate Lodge is in an outstanding location on the perimeter of Tollymore Forest Park with views over the Mourne Mountains. The Gate Lodge was the western Gate Lodge to the former Earl of Roden Estate. The estate was sold to the Forestry Service at Tollymore Forest in the mid 20th Century. Built in 1876, White Gate Lodge is ideal for a family of up to 2 adults and 4 children.
White Gate Lodge is not just another rental cottage on the web, it is also our very special holiday home. We maintain a very personal interest in this property, ensuring that you relish the experience of staying here as much as we do. Many people who have rented White Gate Lodge as strangers have subsequently become friends and seek to return again and again. Nothing pleases us more.
White Gate Lodge is barely 45 minutes drive from Belfast City Airport/Harbour and less than 10 minutes from the nearby seaside resort of Newcastle, County Down. It is superbly located for exploring the whole of the Mountains of Mourne and beyond.
It’s a house steeped in history, built in 1876, and being a listed building is constantly being maintained to a very high standard both inside and out. The gardens have been personally landscaped, with various seating areas, to make the most of the views of the Mourne mountains. A summer house is available for the sole use by guests to enjoy the views in all weathers.
If you like adventure activities – the Tollymore National Outdoor Centre is literally over the back fence. If you like walking in the forest or in the mountains – walks ranging from minutes to hours start just 50 feet from the front door. Horse riding available locally. The famous Royal County Down Golf course – less than 10 minutes drive.
Prices £ stg
£550: 7 nights, £480: 6 nights
£410: 5 nights, £340: 4 nights
£270: 3 Nights, £260: 2 Nights
£200 deposit secures booking with balance payable 6 weeks prior to arrival.
– security deposit of £200 applicable
– check in 3pm, check out 11am or by prior arrangement
– linen/towels supplied free of charge
– electricity included
– central heating included
What’s Not Included
By Phone: Philip or Nicola
Mobile: 077 6670 4420 uk | + 44 77 6670 4420 intl
You can submit a booking request to the owner by clicking on relevant dates on the calendar. Please note that the calendar is set for weekly bookings beginning on a Saturday. For any other dates or short breaks please use the ‘contact tab’.
Small screen note: Calendar month arrows may not be visible due to screen space issues, turn screen on side to create more space and arrows will become available.