Kilkeel Cottages, County Down

Kilkeel is the principle town in the Kingdom of Mourne. It lies between the Mountains of Mourne and the Irish Sea. Before the 13th century the name for the area was Boirche but became known as Mourne when the Clan Mc Mahon came from County Monaghan and settled in the area bringing the name of their own district, Cre-Mourne, with them.

 

Visit the harbour, which is Northern Ireland’s largest fishing fleet. While away the hours by watching the boats load up supplies and ice before setting sail or watch for their return after a fishing expedition and landing at the fish market. The harbour is a hive of activity with fishermen mending nets, loading supplies, or carrying out maintenance. The harbour is also home to a couple of seals, which can be seen swimming around the harbour on the look out for a handy supper.

George's Cottage

Prices £425 - 550

 

George's Cottage is one of seven restored cottages in the clachan of Hanna’s Close. This site was settled in the mid 1600’s by several families of Hanna's who originated from the Galloway district of South West Scotland. The houses, which had fallen into serious disrepair, were recently renovated.

 

George's has a large central featured open fire place, sash windows, stone flooring and a number of other traditional features. Why not holiday in history?

 

George's Cottage - full details ... >

Johnnys' Cottage

Prices £448 - 570

 

Johnny's Cottage is one of seven restored cottages in the clachan of Hanna’s Close. This site was settled in the mid 1600’s by several families of Hanna's who originated from the Galloway district of South West Scotland. The houses, which had fallen into serious disrepair were recently renovated.

 

Johnny's Cottage has a feature open fire place, sash windows, stone flooring and a number of other traditional features. Why not holiday in history?

 

Johnny's Cottage - full details ... >

The Carthouse

Prices £304 - 415

 

The Carthouse is one of seven restored cottages in the clachan of Hanna’s Close. This site was settled in the mid 1600’s by several families of Hanna's who originated from the Galloway district of South West Scotland. The houses, which had fallen into serious disrepair were recently renovated.

 

The Carthouse has a featured open fire place, sash windows, stone flooring and a number of other traditional features. Why not holiday in history?

 

The Carthouse - full details ... >

© IrishCottagesDown, Balloo Avenue, Bangor, N Ireland | Terms