- 2 bedrooms sleeping up to 4
– ground floor: double bedroom
– upstairs: twin bedroom (cosy upstairs hideaway)
- shower room with large Grohe power shower
- open plan living area
- feature high oak beams
- slate flooring throughout
- oil fired ‘wood burning’ stove
- smart tv, dvd & cd player
- wi fi internet access available
- open plan kitchen
- electric oven & hob fridge & microwave
- washing machine, tumble dryer & ironing facilities
- patio area & garden
- garden furniture & gas barbeque available
- separate drying room available for all wet outdoor gear
- secure off road parking
- cot available on request
- bed linen provided free of charge
- central heating & electricity included, non smoking
- welcome pack including started pack of groceries and home baked delights
The cottage was renovated in 2005 where great care and attention was paid to every detail in order to provide a luxurious finish incorporating green oak beams and slate floors.
Views from the cottage are of a rural idyll where visitors can enjoy the beauty of Down’s rolling Drumlins and an ancient hill fort with the sound of a nearby stream. This is an ideal location whether you are looking for a relaxing weekend break or an activity filled holiday.
Although Brookvale Cottage is in a peaceful rural location there are many wonderful attractions within easy reach, including beautiful beaches, coastal walks and the Mourne Mountains, which are a designated area of outstanding natural beauty.
There are a number of National Trust properties, including Rowallane Gardens, close by in addition to Forest Parks and Nature Reserves. Strangford Lough with it’s unspoilt coastline is also a perfect place to relax and unwind. Belfast and Lisburn cities are easily accessible where you can experience some of Northern Ireland’s cultural highlights and history. There are many award winning restaurants in the area and facilities for more casual dining where you can enjoy the fantastic food and craic!
Nearby Leisure Activities include:
- Fishing, both sea and fresh water. Fishing is available in the nearby river. Day tickets can be purchased locally
- National Trust and Heritage properties
- Golf Courses including the Royal County Down
- Horse Riding Cycling routes Hiking and walking routes
- Sailing and water sports
- Sandy beaches and coastal walks Forest Parks and Nature Reserves
Week Stay: £500
Night Stay: £125 (min 2 nights)
July, August, Christmas & Easter: 4 night minimum bookings
Contact owner for requests outside these restrictions
- 25% deposit secures booking with balance payable 6 weeks prior to arrival
- check in 4pm, check out 11am
- linen/towels supplied free of charge
- electricity included
- central heating included
- welcome pack
What’s Not Included
By Phone: Pamela or Andrew
Phone: (028) 4483 0910 uk | +44 28 4483 0910 intl
Mobile: 0797 147 6123 uk | + 44 797 147 6123 intl
You can submit a booking request to the owner by clicking on relevant dates on the calendar. Please note that Brookvale calendar is set for weekly bookings beginning on a Saturday. For any other dates or short breaks please use the ‘contact tab’.
Small screen note: Calendar month arrows may not be visible due to screen space issues, turn screen on side to create more space and arrows will become available.